border design top border design top

Turing Test

Discussion Forum

back to all forums

Join or Log in to post about this Theorem

Surround spoilers with **

On August 13, 2021 at 1:51PM EST EMC2 responded to AliasAlias:

Almost, but not quite! Shirlyanne says "Margarette is a computer", but if Shirlyanne is a human, she would be telling the truth, meaning Margarette would have to be a computer, but you're saying Margarette is a human. So you get a contradiction there.

On August 12, 2021 at 8:31PM EST AliasAlias wrote:

The logic test has two possible solutions. Humans: Maximilian, Bernadette, Washington, Margarette, Shirlyanne, and Francisqui also works but doesn’t get you to the answer.

On August 12, 2021 at 8:31PM EST AliasAlias wrote:

The logic test has two possible solutions. Humans: Maximilian, Bernadette, Washington, Margarette, Shirlyanne, and Francisqui also works but doesn’t get you to the answer.

On April 19, 2021 at 6:34PM EST chilludio responded to poppy:

Basically, I used a 10x10 table, with the left side being the "accusing" subject and the top being the "accused." Then I filled in each accusation made, and looked for contraditions. Those showed me which subjects had to be different (i.e. not both humans/both computers). From there, I tested Montserrat as both human and computer, and only Montserrat as human lead to an arrangement with no contradictions.

On July 27, 2020 at 4:21PM EST poppy wrote:

Out of curiosity, how did you all set up the logic portion of the puzzle?

On April 19, 2021 at 6:32PM EST chilludio responded to Gorgo:

And further significant that each name has ten letters

On March 2, 2020 at 11:55AM EST Gorgo responded to Murder:

It's significant that each name has a subject number.

On February 15, 2020 at 12:08AM EST Murder wrote:

I don’t understand how you get the answer. It seems like, other than being an example of AI, it has nothing to do with it. What process do you put the names through to get the answer?

View Entire Reply Chain

On December 26, 2020 at 9:44PM EST Nimrodblack wrote:

Oddly I noticed the unconventional spellings and circled the letters associated with the number problem just as a doodle and noticed the word then I went back and did it the way it was intended.

On July 27, 2020 at 4:21PM EST poppy wrote:

Out of curiosity, how did you all set up the logic portion of the puzzle?

On July 9, 2020 at 6:34PM EST EMC2 responded to chota001:

I think the fact that M says “interrogate the humans” is supposed to be the clue.

On July 8, 2020 at 8:17PM EST chota001 wrote:

I was able to determine which were the 6 humans, but I had to read Hint 3 before I was able to find the word to solve the puzzle. How were we supposed to know that the solution was a single word derived from the 6 names?

On July 8, 2020 at 8:17PM EST chota001 wrote:

I was able to determine which were the 6 humans, but I had to read Hint 3 before I was able to find the word to solve the puzzle. How were we supposed to know that the solution was a single word derived from the 6 names?

On March 2, 2020 at 11:55AM EST Gorgo responded to Murder:

It's significant that each name has a subject number.

On February 15, 2020 at 12:08AM EST Murder wrote:

I don’t understand how you get the answer. It seems like, other than being an example of AI, it has nothing to do with it. What process do you put the names through to get the answer?

On February 15, 2020 at 12:08AM EST Murder wrote:

I don’t understand how you get the answer. It seems like, other than being an example of AI, it has nothing to do with it. What process do you put the names through to get the answer?

border design bottom border design bottom

Stay in the Know